Medical Laboratory Technologist | تقني تحاليل طبية
Location : Gaza Field
Type of Appointment : Fixed-term and Limited Duration Contract
Deadline for Application : 10 April 2017
Department/Division : Health
In accordance with established Agency policy and procedures, the ideal candidate:
– Performs the full range of laboratory services including biochemistry, hematology, serology, routine (urine and stool examination) and bacteriology;
– Ensures accuracy and completeness of laboratory information in the computerized health information system (e-Health);
– Maintains laboratory equipment, supplies and reagents;
– At Health Centres without Senior Medical Laboratory Technologist:
– Prepares estimates of requirements for replenishment of consumable supplies
– Prepares the monthly and annual laboratory statistical report;
– Reviews and analyzes quality control results (internal and external) and makes the necessary intervention;
– Performs such other duties as may be required.
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
– A University Degree from a recognized university Medical Laboratory sciences;
– Possession of a license to practice medical laboratory services (where applicable)
– At least three years of experience in providing a laboratory services.
– Experience in the use of computers and an understanding of their use in health applications.
– Good command of written and spoken English and Arabic.
– Good communication skills and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients;
– Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
– Good organizational skills and ability to work under pressure and cope with heavy workload;
– Adequate computer skills;
– Self-motivated and shows willingness to learn from others;
– Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences;
– Acts in accordance with the professional ethics and values.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
For fixed term :
– The monthly basic salary $1,230.90; plus monthly dependency allowance up to $123.25.
– Contract Duration: Three years including 1 year probation period.
– Pension: Provident Fund contribution.
For Limited Duration Contract
– The monthly basic salary $990.00; and monthly dependency allowance $18.65 and Group Medical Insurance GMI $12.00.
– Contract Duration: six months extension is subject to funds availability, continuing need and satisfactory performance.
– A regular staff member can apply to this LDC post but will not be allowed to assume such post through Secondment as he/she needs to leave his/her current post to accept LDC appointment.
Employment for this post might be either on full-time or part-time basis based on the needs. Announcing this modality does not mean that it would definitely be used. It would rather give the Agency the flexibility to use both full time and part time contracts based on the work needs and the personal circumstances or preferences of the staff member.
Leave: 30 days annual leave.
Other conditions of service and benefits may apply.
When the minimum requirements are not fully met, the Director of Human Resources; in consultation with the Director of UNRWA Operations, Gaza may exceptionally substitute part of the unmet requirements with a combination of relevant academic qualifications, additional professional training and progressive relevant work experience.
NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.
Qualified candidates will be required to undergo tests and a competency based interview. To learn more about positive and negative indicators of professional behaviors within the UN competencies, you may review the UN Competency Development – A Practical Guide
UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for human rights, for diversity, and for non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNRWA staff are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs. UNRWA is a non-smoking working environment.
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified and experienced women. It is Agency policy to give full consideration to disabled candidates whose disability does not militate against the effective performance of the duties of the post. UNRWA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications equally from men and women. Where there are two or more equally qualified candidates, selection preference will normally be given to internal candidates, Palestine Refugees and candidates of the under-represented gender. With their prior agreement, candidates who are approved as suitable for appointment but are not the selected candidate for this vacancy, will be placed on the Agency’s roster of pre-approved candidates for a period of up to one year, and may be considered for future vacancies in the same position. The Agency maintains the discretion to fill future vacancies for this position from the roster without re-advertising the vacancy.
HOW TO APPLY
If you have got the skills and experience required above, and want to make an active and lasting contribution to improving the lives of Palestine refugees, then register on